Monday, June 4, 2012

Wrap-up

The day has arrived!

Bitter sweet but it is time to go home :)

I have spent the last couple of days finishing up papers, studying for finals and saying goodbye to so many wonderful friends I have met throughout this year.

I would be lying if I said I am not excited to go home. This year has definitely taught me a lot. I have truly enjoyed it and it is an experience I am thankful for and will never forget but there is truly no place like home. I can't wait to go back to Texas and share my amazing experience with everyone.

First things first. Let's finish up packing and wrap-up on an amazing year. Here is what I have been up to since my last blog.




As I said before, the last couple of weeks have been full of studying and packing. I have been stuck between my apartment and the library the majority of the time but that doesn't mean I couldn't make a few stops in between :)

One of the best things about Europe is that you can walk around and get from one city to another by just jumping on a quick train. WIth no time to waste I made sure to visit a Bern and a few other cities one last time and get plenty of Swiss Alps before I head back to Texas.



The weather couldn't be more beautiful so I have found time to go on a few runs and enjoy so time outside by the beautiful lake Leman. 



One of the best things about my time in Switzerland has definitely been the people i have met. They have truly become like family to me and I feel blessed to have spent so much time with them. I have shared with them many things and grown learning from them. I am definitely going to miss our dinners, get togethers and wonderful adventures. 





I know I said my life has been stressful lately but I did manage to squeeze in a little more traveling. This time not just around Europe or Switzerland but why not make it all the way to Russia! Forget moving out, forget studying for exams, forget everything. I jumped on a planed with a couple Rotaractors and it was HELLO MOSCOW! 

Now please don't think I was being completely irresponsible. Besides visiting Russia sounding fun and interesting I had a very important reason to make the trip, EUCO! EUCO is the annual European Convention for Rotaract. Being now part of Rotaract Geneve I had the wonderful opportunity to join the convention this year, a wonderful opportunity I couldn't turn down. 

The whole trip was amazing. We got to do a lot of site-seeing and visited all the touristy spots. We also took part in wonderful cultural activities and events set up by the Rotaract committee like an elegant ball and some traditional food tasting dinners. 

It was great not only to get to visit a complete different country and culture but to meet amazing Rotaractors from all over Europe and Asia. I learned about amazing projects they are working on and once again was reminded of the power of team work and the beauty of the Rotary Family. 


 Last but not least, I received great news! I got an internship with the UNESCO which means that I am not done with Geneva quite yet!  I will be coming back in September to intern for the Curriculum Building Department of the UNESCO working with Latin American Diploma projects and joining and amazing team! I will also be continuing my studies at IHEID. So excited about the opportunities to come.

It has been a great year and one amazing adventure! So much to tell and so much to share!
I am glad to be able to close one more chapter and on to another one!

CHEERS TO AN AMAZING ROTARY AMBASSADORIAL SCHOLAR YEAR!  

No comments:

Post a Comment